Failed to calibrate out of the box

Set up my new Glowforge today and it is failing to calibrate. Arm moves to the middle with head on right hand side and just stopped. Then, every few minutes it chatters, like it cannot move. I have turned if off for now and am at a total loss…

Standard response: Turn off the machine and manually move the head under the camera then turn it back on. That seems to work in similar cases from the posts here.

3 Likes

Took a couple of tries, but it seems to be ready. Thanks…

3 Likes

Glad you got it working. There are some factors that can influence calibration, and one is ambient lighting. Sometimes when that is an issue, giving it the pre-placement assistance overcomes that.

1 Like

Mine did the exact same thing, but unfortunately did not fix itself. The head does not move at all, just makes chattering noises. Power cycling did nothing, manually moving the head underneath the camera did nothing, nor did putting a towel over the machine to eliminate any ambient light. I contacted support via email, they got back to me within 24 hours, and are supposedly sending me a new unit, although I’ve not seen any shipping labels, tracking numbers, or further communication from them since their initial reply. Great onboarding experience so far…

1 Like

That sucks. It must be really frustrating and disappointing to get everything set up and for it to not work. I hope your next unit works.

1 Like

I had the same problem & they sent me a new unit. They e-mailed me the shipping label. I Fed-Ex the used unit to them the same day I got the new one. All seem to work out fine. Was an easy transfer.

3 Likes

That’s good to hear, thanks for letting me know they swapped yours. I am hoping for a swift and easy resolution.

1 Like

@cage I’m glad you were able to get up and printing! Thanks for your help, @lairdknox. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this.

@rschenk, we will be in touch with the labels!

1 Like