Fall Leaf Halloween Puzzle *Update*

Awesome!

2 Likes

Your website isn’t showing up but I love this! This is like the victorian puzzles. I have been working on a pride and prejudice designâ˜ș

Thanks, @monicamichellewrs for the nudge about the website, a lot has changed over the last year! I just updated it
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Just added an update and example photos for a wooden puzzle version! Hopefully y’all will cut some out as a fun family project for a socially isolated Halloween :heart_eyes_cat::jack_o_lantern:

7 Likes

Wish I could like it more than once :heart:

2 Likes

I appreciate the sentiment :heart_eyes_cat::sparkling_heart::heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

I love your puzzles. I’m not even sure how to begin to design such creative puzzles. These are so clever and fun 
 and you are sharing! Wow! Thanks!

2 Likes

Was the last one made out of a mirror acrylic and if so how thick? I just got some mirror acrylic and was trying to figure out what my first project would be. My mom would get the biggest kick out of this!

1 Like

Yes to the mirror acrylic, and it is 1/8" thick. If you have alcohol ink to “dye” it with, you don’t have to use any masking on the acrylic, but be aware that it stinks like a nail salon :sweat_smile: I would love to see your Mom assembling it! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I can’t seem to find where to download the wooden puzzle. Thanks!

2 Likes

The giant picture of it at the end of the first post is the svg file. Right click save. Or drag it into your desktop.

2 Likes

I always forget how to get SVG images to show up well on this forum! I fixed it so it is easier to see the updated plywood version for painting, with a title and instructions on how to save the file. Same way that @wesleyjames said, just the 10x10" Plywood file instead of the last file in the post, which is the 6x6" acrylic file.

Thanks for keepnig me on my toes :sweat_smile::grin:

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! This was a great little project- painting autumn colors is fun! I combined it with a box from boxes.py and engraved the solution on the back of the lid.

18 Likes

Nice box and I love your color selection! The slide lid is particularly nifty. I can see you put in the extra time to remove the puzzle pieces from the lid leaf, it looks great!

Thanks ! The folks I made the puzzle for loved it ! For some reason the box generator boxes.py made a fault in the design with the sliding lid. This slightly changed version worked fine for me. The original box is made for two decks of playing cards, and the dividing wall supports the lid that slides in and out. Because I removed this central support, I just glued in some rectangular supports to the three walls, so the lid moved in a stable fashion.
The lid has a double set of leaves: One is for the front and one for the back side of the lid.PuzzleBox Autum

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing the box file and explaining your fix! I’m glad they loved it :heart_eyes_cat:

Thanks for your amazing generosity. I need to work on my alcohol ink technique but the recipient is still tickled. Damn this thing is devilish!

12 Likes

Nice color selection! Taking pics of mirror items is so dang difficult, it makes me question why I got into making these in the first place :joy_cat:

And yes, less is more with the alcohol inks, and diluting the super concentrated colors is a must! Glad your recipient had a hard time with it, I love adding little tricks like the drop-outs and split whimsy pumpkin :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

2 Likes

I would love to see her as well 
 she is about a 2 day drive away from me 
 and this will be a bright spot when she gets it! I DO have alcohol inks!!! I haven’t used them in like forever
and it’s nice weather this weekend
so I can dye the mirror tile outside! Post-a-noting it to remind myself
about to go to sleep but will definitely want to try this out! Thank you again.

2 Likes