Fan broken/Stopped working

The fan that is on the back left side of my machine. the one that is connected to the external vent made a strange noise and then just stopped. I do have an external extraction fan on the machine, but now my machine needs to cool down every 10-15 minutes. Oh and the machine is still under warranty

thank you

Caroline

In my experience it’s probably not broken, just very dirty. Mine made a shrieking noise that cleared right up after I cleaned it. If you search for “cleaning exhaust fan” you’ll probably get a few useful hits.

4 Likes

thank you. I did clean it once, but I’ll go back and do it again. Maybe I have stubborn dirt in there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like 2nd time might have been the trick. Seems to be working. Hopefully it will continue this was on a longer cut. Thank you for the advice.

2 Likes

Oh good!

If it needs deeper cleaning at some point, my favorite resource is this one.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about the trouble with the exhaust fan. That’s great to hear that the cleaning did the trick. You can find additional exhaust cleaning information at this link: Exhaust Cleaning.

Since everything is working now, I’m going to close this thread. If the trouble reappears, please start a new thread or reach out at support@glowforge.com - we’ll be happy to take a look.