Fan help

help me out glowforge…fan%201 fan%202

it got going after I cleaned it, but is there a replacement I can buy???

You weren’t using neodymium magnets were you? If so and you do an engrave where the fan spends much time over the magnet it can stop the fan triggering the alert when there’s really nothing wrong with the fan.

If the fan does go bad it’s a pretty standard one although you may need to swap the wiring connectors. There was a recent (within the last month) post that identified the specific fan and possible sources. A search should find it for you.

3 Likes

No magnets

Thanks!

I am getting this same message and it’s so infuriating! I was able to engrave three things then it just went BONKERS! now it won’t do anything and I’m so disappointed in this laser right now!

Something tells me THIS has something to do with it…

FYI I’m seeing a lot of people saying this is happening to them on the Facebook groups. Maybe the “sensor” is set too sensitive now.

1 Like

GLOWFORGE

Please let me know how I can purchase a replacement air assist fan if needed. How much it will cost. I can’t afford to be down too long if this happens again and increases in down Time.

This is the air assist fan…

Delta Electronics THA0412AD
40x40x20mm
12v DC @ 0.430A
20.6 CFM @ 15,600 RPM

Source; schematic @ Openglow (via @PrintToLaser)

4 Likes

Under $20 delivered (Mouser, Digikey) but would need the appropriate connectors added. Not terribly tricky to do but likely a post-warranty self-maintenance project.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the late response, @DesignsbyPhil. I’ve taken a look into the logs from your unit at the time of these errors, and before recommending a replacement of the Air Assist fan itself, there are a couple of other things I’d like to check.

Could you please do the following:

• Check the four contact points on the bottom of the printer head. Press down gently on each of them and let me know if any of them fail to spring back up when released.

• Take a photo of the back of the printer head similar to the one below and send it to us:

When we receive the photo, we’ll examine it and then reach out with next steps. Thank you!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.