Fan quit working

Hi,

One of my front fans seems to have stopped working.

What you need to do is contact support at support@glowforge.com.

Posting in problems and support also submits a ticket. You can do one or the other (post in P&S or email support) but it’s not advised to do both, as it creates a duplicate ticket.

8 Likes

No. Opening a 2nd ticket will actually SLOW the resolution as then they have to de-dup them. Either open a ticket here, or open it via e-mail. But don’t do both.

@mccormickmary82, you definitely don’t want to open a 2nd ticket. This one will do you just fine (if not better since more people will have eyes on it).

2 Likes

Definitely don’t email support; having duplicate tickets bumps you to the bottom of the support queue.

I can’t get your file to work. Is it the little fan on the print head, or the air assist, or a different one?

This thread might have some helpful info in it: I think the fan in my print head is going to die

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know about this. Unfortunately, I’m not able to view the video.

Could you please do the following, then record a new video?

Remove Hose from Unit
Squeeze the two ends of the ring clamp together and pull the clamp and the hose away from your Glowforge to remove them.

Vacuum Exhaust Connections
Use a vacuum to remove dust and debris from your Glowforge unit’s exhaust connection.

Try a Print

1. Remove any material from the bed, leaving the crumb tray
  2. Turn the Glowforge on and go to app.glowforge.com
  3. Upload or select a simple, quick design, such as a single outline cut
  4. Click “Unknown” to select a material
  5. Search for and choose “Thin Natural Leather” as your material
  6. Start the print (Note: This may create some odor, but it is not hazardous)
  7. Take a video of the print, holding the camera near the fans in the front right corner of the unit and the one on the back side of the unit to capture the sound.
  8. Post the new video here or email it to me directly at support@glowforge.com

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

I think this fixed it, Thanks!!

I’m so glad to hear that!

I’ll close this topic now. Please post a new one if you have any other questions.