Fan sound coming from air intake under right side

Glowforge Pro

Yesterday I had problems with my air assist fan not shutting off.

Today I started a print instantly I knew something was terribly wrong. A fan sound was coming from underneath the right side of the machine. Also the GF was not loud. There is some type of light cracking sound coming from the laser.

Excessive smoke started to come out from underneath the machine on the left side. This has never happened. For the next six or seven minutes I let the machine print. The laser would only cut a section of a shape. I have gone through and checked nearly everything on machine and nothing is broken or cracked.

Finally I went to the interface to stop the print the air assist fan was still on and then the orange button appeared. I let the fan run for two or three minutes and then I just shut it off.

Does anyone know what could be wrong with this machine

https://imgur.com/gallery/iXUzbD5

https://imgur.com/gallery/NKTBSRj

You probably should add this to your existing thread, as it might take a day for them to see this and then correlate it with the other problem.

Why did you remove the video?

(I couldn’t hear anything unusual but it’s hard to tell with fans.)

1 Like

I just added 2 videos. I am trying to work with an iPad and an iPhone.

I am beyond nervous. I tried to update yesterday’s post with today’s post and add the two videos.

I have so much respect for this machine and I take care of it so well and for something like this to happen is very nerve rattling.

Since I am disabled and in a wheelchair the GF is my outside world.

Looks like they closed it and emailed you, so you should reply with info from this post ASAP.

1 Like

No E-mail yet. I have great patience and 99% of the time I view life and situations with the glass half full. When I got my GF last September, I knew everything about it was going be a very long process. I took my time with everything–it even took us over three hours to set it up. I do not rush anything in life because you miss out on so much and make mistakes when you are in a hurry.

I really LOVE being a small addition to the GF community.

Currently I am teaching myself how to design. I am looking very forward to uploading my projects and giving them away. I have some incredible ideas that I want to execute with my GF.

A little while ago I called my husband at work and I was just crying and I told him my Glowforge probably has the technology version of the coronavirus.

You are always so helpful and you know I really appreciate and respect your time.

2 Likes

You would normally receive the email shortly after they say they are sending it, so I would check your spam folders to be sure it hasn’t been filed away.

I’d hate for you to have to wait another day for them to see this thread.

1 Like

Thank you so much for providing such great details on both of your forum posts. I apologize for the delay in a direct email response.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like