Fan stopped working

Freaking out right now. I was in clean mode and the fan just stopped spinning. Has anyone had this happen before? I put a request in with glowforge but have heard nothing and I have orders to get out :frowning: Any help would be amazing .

Sorry, I canā€™t help youā€¦but which fanā€¦exhaust or air assist? Anyone else who is more knowledgeable than I will need to know that.

1 Like

Exhaust fan

Many of us have bypassed the internal fan with an inline booster fan because of the drastic noise reduction. I couldnā€™t be happier with no more screaming exhaust fan.
The larger external fan can move the same amount of air turning much slower, that = quieter.
So worst case is you make your machine practically silent in comparison.

2 Likes

One thing (I knowā€¦rather obvious) to check would be that itā€™s still toggled on in the appā€¦

Where do I find one? I cant use this like it is

1 Like

Amazon is where most come from.

Use the forum search function for ā€œinline fanā€ to see how others did it.

2 Likes

Mine quit working about three years ago (after 2 years of ownership). I removed it and cut out the grate, use an external inline duct fan. Since then, they changed their policy which now make my machine ineligible for replacement, but at 5 years, Iā€™ll just consider it a write-off.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.