Favorite Christmas Movie Ornament

That’s one of my favorites too. I do like the old 30s version where Scrooge ends up in Hell when he falls into the grave - it’s an extension of Christmas Future’s visitation. It’s usually cut from rebroadcasts. I have it on video (ancient 80s tech :slightly_smiling_face:).

1 Like

So, beta max?:grin:

Speaking of which, here is an interesting bit of trivia I learned in my Intellectual Property course. RCA Victor is the company that created the VHS tape standard. But they could see no real profit in the future and agreed to sell all rights to Japan Victor.

For the whopping price of $10,000.00. That’s right, ten thousand…

1 Like

That was the 70s :slightly_smiling_face:

Amazing the tech that has exploded into prominence and then later got eclipsed - Beta/VHS tapes, laserdisc, CD, DVD, Blu-Ray and now digital streaming.

I’m sorry, but everyone in here stating that Die Hard is a “Christmas Movie” is in violation of breaking the FAQ

Be careful not to state opinions as facts.

It is your opinion, you’re just wrong; you are all summarily banned. :crazy_face::partying_face:

Christmas isn’t an actual plot point in the movie. You could easily just have had generic business party, retirement party, record sales party, business acquisition party, etc and it would change nothing about the movie.

But it came out at Christmas…so did the LotR movies are they Christmas movies?

The best I’ll grant is Christmas themed to match the release schedule.

3 Likes

There are dozen’s of movies that have a Christmas season in them that aren’t considered Christmas movies. I LOVE Trading Places, and that’s got Christmas all over it - but not a Christmas movie.

Again - I digress, I’m not trying to pee in anyone’s Wheaties.

And yes, we’re ALL guilty of breaking that FAQ!

1 Like

Thats awesome :slight_smile:

Love it
and I also vote for Christmas movie :crazy_face:

LOL, it has to be a christmas movie, when you get people posting again after 6 months!

2 Likes

LOL or 9 Months!

1 Like

Yall! This makes me happy. I have no dog in this hunt. But its a nice relief to see some fun conversation around something a little more light hearted.

2 Likes

Every bit one of the best Christmas movies :upside_down_face:

This was a great idea. Christmas movie or Not I loved the movie.

1 Like

I believe all those alternate scenarios actually were used in the follow up sequels.

Not me!:grin:

Not true! It is the whole reason there is a party and that he comes to visit from NY. Total Christmas Movie. :smile:

2 Likes

Love this ornament. Great work!

The Ref is the best Christmas movie. Die Hard is second.

Not long after Die Hard was released someone in the dorms got most everyone together to watch a Christmas movie. She asked for suggestions. Die Hard won by a landslide. The disappointment on her face was a great present. For the record, the Grinch is a hero and Cindy-Loo Who a villain. :wink:

Watch “an American Carol” with henry winkler.

one of my all time favorite movies.

3 Likes

Who else has a Xmas movie ornament to share?

7 Likes