FDA Accession Number Needed Urgently, please help!

Dear ALL,

I bought my GlowForge PRO when i was living outside the USA. Now i’m moving back to the states and bringing everything with me.
Now the shipment broker is telling me the FDA is asking for the FDA Accession Number for the laser machine. If i fail to report this number they will detent and destroy my machine!

I don’t see this number listed in the manual anywhere. Does anyone know what is it and please let me know, thanks so much!!!

Eric

1 Like

From google:

An accession number is a unique identifier that FDA uses to track reports from specific models of radiation-emitting electronic devices (RED). FDA requires manufacturers of certain RED products to have an accession number for their product prior to marketing it in the United States.

2 Likes

hi beerfaced,

any idea where i can get this number specific to GlowForge PRO? thanks!

Eric

1 Like

I found this. Sounds like it’s just a number issued to certain class lasers. This is from the FDA and is for Class 4 laser products, which is what the Pro is equipped with. Of you have a Basic or a Plus, it’s a Class 1 laser product. I don’t think the number is specific for each machine like a serial number.

https://www.fda.gov/regulatory-information/search-fda-guidance-documents/laser-products-conformance-iec-60825-1-and-iec-60601-2-22-laser-notice-no-50

3 Likes

I think you will have to ask the company itself. I can’t find any info on where to find that number actually on the machine.

2 Likes

This is #problems-and-support unless it was moved here so they are.

But an open chat window on the support page might net faster results.

Thank you for posting about this urgent issue, and I’m sorry it took us so long to get back to you! I’ve replied to your open support ticket.

2 Likes