Feliz de laser

We have those too, just those sort of spoil more quickly once you open the package…

2 Likes

I don’t understand Tacos! Why put a filling into something that doesn’t bend without breaking and that actually explodes when you take a bite out of it?
I think the Mexicans are pulling your leg! :smiley:

5 Likes

One thing is you obviously haven’t pre-laser-engraved your tacos… But more seriously I’ve found if you pre-heat the shells to 170 for about 20-30 minutes and also let the taco soak in for a couple of minutes it seems to hold together better… It square profile shells seem to both fit in the Glowforge better (parallel to honeycomb) and hold together better than the simple bent tortilla over a rod style.

2 Likes

That is because those are no real tacos :stuck_out_tongue: in real tacos the tortilla bends and some times you have 2 tortillas for each taco to be sure it doesnt breake ;)… or if it is well stuffed we can make 2 tacos from one :smiley:

8 Likes

Too bad we won’t have our production machines in time for May 5th celebration… (Although @Jules could try engraving beans…) :burrito:

1 Like

I have to come up with something for the 5th…some friends of ours are celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary with a party that night …

How do you combine 10th wedding anniversary with Cinco de Mayo?:thinking:

3 Likes

Cinco X 2 ??

10th anniversary is aluminum or tin…

aluminum foil covered tacos !!!

7 Likes

Cool! I have to bring a dish as well… :grin:

3 Likes

Just finished stuffing myself with tacos a couple hours ago and came here and saw more tacos. Had to force the tacos back down. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Yes, the rigid American taco shells are strange.

1 Like

I agree, but it is an attempt to make the tostada more managable of a pocket for the same ingredients. It’s still just as messy. When I was in Mexico, I finally understood this fact. Loved the tostada base. Loved all the ingredients with it. So they really should have called it a pocket tostada or a folded tostado rather than a taco. Because tacos always have soft bases. At least in my experience there.

but I love them all and I had tocos for lunch today.

4 Likes

Your wife and I must be related somehow. I’m a vegetarian of 25 years and have high blood pressure and cholesterol. As do my mother, father, brothers, and I’m sure beyond that.

2 Likes

Level a shallow bowl of refried beans (dip?) and engrave “Happy 10th Anniversary” into it.

1 Like

Wait, that gives me an idea for Friday… :scream:

3 Likes

Tequila!

4 Likes

Don’t forget to engrave credit where credit is due! :wink:

Or you could cut out a stencil and sprinkle chilli powder or red pepper through it on to the dip.

4 Likes