Felt box

Found a perfect collapsible felt box on Amazon that fits in the glowforge with the tie down mat :blush:

Settings were full speed, 28 power, 270 LPI

Link for the box: ⁣

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0B6FQ4J3P?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Here is the link to the tie down mat guide and SVG: Tie Down Mat

40 Likes

I love it! Thank you for sharing. I can think of several dozen people who would love to receive a gift like this.

12 Likes

That turned out great. Quite elegant for what is presented as just a storage box. Thanks for the share.

13 Likes

Thanks. Saving this for later. This looks great

11 Likes

That looks awesome. I love your shares as you try such different things!!

11 Likes

Awesome. And thanks for putting the link on for the mat. I thought I had saved it, but apparently not, at least not in the directory I thought I would’ve put it!

7 Likes

Oh wow, I can envision engraved gifts for fiber people, we always have stash to tote around. Thanks for the links. Beautiful project, too!

8 Likes

hmmm… this is inspiring me to go in search of some paper we may have a few sheets left of at the office. there’s some paper called suedetex that has the feel of a short, smooth suede, and visually the beige has a similar texture look to that felt box. i’m wondering how it will engrave.

11 Likes

That sounds fun! I think it would engrave well!

8 Likes

My spinning group is going to host an important gathering next January. Fiber people come from all over WA to attend. We are going to have raffle items; I’ll bet one of these with on-topic engraving and stuffed with wool would be a big hit.

To that end I’ve ordered four of them, because of course I need too many. Thanks @MyDogsThinkImCrazy

8 Likes

Love it! I can’t wait to see what you come up with to put on them :blush:

3 Likes

Ok sorry all, but I’m unable to find a source. I have searched the internet but I must not be using the correct search words. Can anyone help with a source for this paper "

which paper? the one i posted?

if it’s suedetex, there aren’t a lot of places to get small quantities. it’s really designed for offset printing. but you can go to a site like Glodan, which can get smaller quantities of those types of paper for you. just beware, it won’t be cheap per sheet, but you don’t have to buy 250 press sized sheets (like 25" x 40", which is the parent sheet size for suede tex). glodan will even cut them down for you (at a cost).

4 Likes

I just wanted to say Thank You. I’m sure will I will be ordering some.

1 Like

Awesome find! Could be great for so many events.

4 Likes

Looks good, I’m going to get some. Sadly, the white is sold out and discontinued. :expressionless:

Oh! Shipping is a major charge. $30+ for 10 full-size sheets. Yikes, I was going to save money by avoiding the service charge for fewer than 10 pieces. Let’s see if there’s a sweet spot between number ordered and the shipping charges. BRB

Well , rats! Same shipping if it’s 5 pieces (plus handling fee) vs 10 pieces (no handling fee).

@shop, does this perform more like suede, or paper?

@MyDogsThinkImCrazy guess what just arrived today…

3 Likes

Sorry yes that is the one I was looking for. Thank you for your response.

Ed

3 Likes

you’re very welcome. if you end up buying some, would love to see how it turns out.

i’m hoping when i’m back in the office on thursday, i can find a few sheets to test on. we may have used it all.

2 Likes

I have been wanting to get my backpacking gear better organized, and these felt boxes are perfect!

Since I engraved only the side flap, I was able to use the passthrough. I scored the shape on tape, so I’d know where to place it. (The tape also protected the fabric from my grimy crumb tray).

I thought I’d have to support the material hanging out of the machine, but the bed pins were enough to keep everything in place.

Thanks, @MyDogsThinkImCrazy !

8 Likes

that looks amazing!! I love the idea of organizing with them :slight_smile:

3 Likes