File library - “This is taking longer than usual. Try reloading the page.”

Hey everyone, I need help. For the last two hours, when I go to app.glowforge.com it will not load my file library. It starts with “Loading Designs…” and then switches to “This is taking longer than usual. Try reloading the page.” And it will sit and spin indefinitely, but nothing will load. Reloading the page does not change anything.

I have checked the Glowforge status page numerous times and there’s no outage. There’s no mention of anyone else currently having this issue in any of the FB groups, or the GF forums. So it must be local to me?

I have tried different browsers. Same result.

I have tried different devices/computers. Same result.

I have tried accessing and logging into the site from a different network. Same result.

I have turned it off and on again multiple times. Same result.

I can click on both “New Design” and “Upload”, and they will work, and I can get to the design space and start jobs. However, the add shapes and text options won’t work, even though I am a premium member, and I am logged in.

I have logged out and back in again. Same result.

I am currently stuck because I just ran an hour engrave, that I need to run again on the same plaque to make darker, but I can’t reload the design from the library.

Working fine here, in Chrome, Safari and Firefox. Also from my phone.

If you have any ad blockers, try turning those off. I’ve heard some of them can interfere.

No ad blockers, but thank you for the suggestion. After several hours of it not working, I gave up and went to bed.

This morning everything is working fine. So I still have no idea what caused it, and frustratingly lost several hours of work trying to problem solve it last night.

1 Like

I have been getting the same window for a very long time now, and I have a very fast internet , I feel like they made it a Default window to cover for any time it takes to load the windows.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.