Filter details?

Let’s not confuse CO2 with CO.

4 Likes

You don’t say…:neutral_face:

2 Likes

We’re still hot about it… (grin)

Hi @bailey,

I would love to hear about a similar test using leather. I’m excited to begin working with leather once my Glowforge arrives.

Any detectable odor during and after use of leather in the Glowforge equipped with a Glowforge filter?

Thanks for taking the heat off. I wasn’t trying to cause trouble, and if I sounded like I was picking a fight, I’m sorry. If I said something that was against the policies, I’m sorry. I was only trying to help, but you know what they say about good intentions. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ah yes…the road to hell… (wink!)

1 Like

SVG, anyone?

12 Likes

Thanks @bailey. That was reassuring to hear. Can you share any recent pictures of the filter in action?

Thinking blue must be good.

6 Likes

Having a CO sensor built into the Glowforge would be a neat idea. Since they are in the cloud, we could use IFTTT that to send a text when it detects CO in the air. I guess the answer would be to be present when using the forge, but I bet that is when you need the alert the most!

[quote=“dwardio, post:6, topic:9158, full:true”]A photo of your apartment with GF and Purex should be in the encyclopedia Wikipedia under the word “dedicated.” :rofl:
[/quote]
That’s nothing, you should see the employee that sleeps in the empty shell of a Glowforge.

3 Likes

You’re good. Pointing out all the right stuff. There is burning stuff venting in a closed room. Hoses get holes in them. Vents get clogged up. Detectors are prudent.

Glad that @bailey jumped in with experience. If the filter is anything like the Glowforge, it will be well-made. In this case though, it surely won’t go out the door until everything is perfected. This filter could make a huge difference in usability and location. Glad it’s available.

3 Likes

You know there are a number of folks here who think we’re crazy right? :wink:

2 Likes

If you’re gonna derail my post then at least wear your best colander while doing so.

7 Likes

This explains a lot.

2 Likes

Right - I remember the pictures of the ashy stuff getting caught on the window screen of someones (yours?) vent to the window.

I’m guessing/hoping the filter may have some kind of spark arrester prior to the filter as a safeguard against essentially fanning a flame.

No snark or you might find yourself on the wrong end of a wormhole or boiling in your own soupy water.

3 Likes

There’s a militant offshoot, the Raviolites, who have been known to take the scripture a little too seriously. But most don’t believe that you need to wage war on the Untouched in order to get to the promised land with the beer volcano and stripper factory.

6 Likes

The only way you could get killed by CO2 exposure from a laser cutter is if you locked yourself in a small, airtight room with it. And the door jammed. And the only air outlet was on the ceiling. And there was a large, full CO2 canister next to it with a hose running through the bed to a valve. And you used the laser to cut through the tube. And then didn’t shut the gas off at the tank regulator.

4 Likes

Well, hopefully they’ll read the words of our prophet Bobby Henderson and be enlightened.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0812976568/

3 Likes