Filter Smells Awful

Thank you for working through the steps my colleague Pip provided, and for sending over this image.

I’ve confirmed that the reduced airflow to your Compact Filter is due to a full filter cartridge. There are a lot of factors that go into the lifespan of your filter cartridge. You can read more about our cartridge lifespan estimates here: Hardware | Glowforge

To get up and printing, you can find replacement cartridges in our Shop. They are $249, with free shipping.

When the new cartridge arrives, we recommend running air through your Compact Filter after each print to prolong the life of the cartridge. I’ve included that part from the manual here:

For best results, leave it running one minute for each minute that you print. For example, when you finish two 30-minute prints, leave it running for an hour after they finish.

I’ll close this thread for now, but if you happen to run into the same trouble after replacing the filter, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!