Finally done! Advent locking present box

Spent all day yesterday with final designing, painting and cutting. My last Christmas/holiday design is finished. Well except for the ornaments. :slightly_smiling_face:

Got it down to only 9 (1/8” mdf) boards. I think that is a new record for me! Lol

Pretty easy build and cut, longest cut time was 22 mins for the side overlays. Most of the other cuts were under 10 mins. Just need two 3” rubber bands. Of course I have a huge bag full of them now! Lol

The tray with the locking mechanism slides out if you need to replace the rubber bands. :slight_smile:

Hope you enjoy.

68 Likes

This is fantastic!

1 Like

You’ve outdone yourself—again! You know if you keep raising the bar like this we’re all going to secretly hate you, right? :wink:

8 Likes

Amazing as usual :heart_eyes:
I gather that you need to sneak the next day’s present in each evening?

3 Likes

Amazing as always

3 Likes

Amazing job! Well done!

@eric.hartdegen Thank you!

@geek2nurse HAHAHA! I hope not!

@rbtdanforth This only unlocks on the 25th. You put one present in and turn the dial for each day, then when you the 25th the box unlocks and you can get the present out. :slight_smile:

@wenning08 Thank you!

@ssommerville Thank you so much!

6 Likes

Excellent design and build. I think this IS the present for anyone lucky enough to get it.

3 Likes

I bow to your greatness! This is simply incredible. I just finished making your nutcracker advent and this one will have to be next.

1 Like

Thank you! I think I might actually keep this one, Normally I just give away the ones I make for Pictures. LOL

2 Likes

Thank you! I really want to see your version of the Nutcracker! There have been some really fun ones!

1 Like

15 Likes

That looks amazing!!! Wanna paint mine? HAHAHA!

2 Likes

Wow! Beautiful!!!

2 Likes

Thank you! I would, but I’m going to be busy making your magic unlocking box :wink:

3 Likes

HAHA. Understood! :wink:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Absolutely stunning!!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

That looks great! And I am in awe of the cleverness of it…

In the late summer I was planning to make several of your holiday village designs, but after breaking my left arm and tearing up my right shoulder Labor Day weekend, I had to put that aside. I’ve decided that when I have the use of both hands again (late January), I will have a whole 11 months to work on them!

4 Likes