Finally thought of the first thing I want to make - Can you guess?

Printed-circuit-board programs typically have a “design rule check” phase for trace thickness, close approaches etc. Sounds like something that would be good to do for laser – not just a simulation where you can see it, but something automated that would flag potential problem areas and then let you say either “oops” or “yeah, I meant to do that.”

(And no, I don’t think GF should spend the time right now)

1 Like

I think that may be asking a bit too much…lol. But if that ever was available it would have to be like autocorrect and be able to be turned off. Annoying technology constantly asking…are you sure you wanna do that?? Lol.

3 Likes

YEP. Apparently some programs have “live” DRC and others have batch, and I would mostly want batch. (Although live could be useful for when you’re placing stuff, so you could just drag something closer to another piece that was being cut on the same workpiece until a warning came up that you were too close.)

Now I’m wondering, for overlapping engraving/partial cuts, how hard it would be to mask/clip so that you ended up with no more than the maximum of the overlapping depths (unless you specifically wanted multiple cuts for depth).

So many options to play with.

1 Like

“Keep your stick on the ice, I’m routing for ya. We’re all in this together.”

2 Likes