Fire! (But with a picture of the actual fire this time)

So, while Glowforge is working on getting me the parts I need, I discovered my browser froze on the last image from fire that damaged it. Let this be a lesson to keep an eye on acrylics when doing small lettering

12 Likes

Yeah that sucks.

period

1 Like

Yup! That’s an action shot you’d rather not run across! :confused:

1 Like

Refuse to “like” this post

Ouch, but yay on parts!

2 Likes

Was that a cut or score? I did that on a full size 12x20 wood sheet horizontally and even at that scale it was a lot of work to get all the tiny pieces out! Looks like your layout was vertical so they would be so much finer cuts! Wow!

1 Like

Woah! Engraving/Cutting The Lord’s Prayer and ended up with a fire? There is no safe comment to make here.

11 Likes

Your picture will be another reminder to all that we must be attentive at all times.

1 Like

Oh man, so sorry. Glad it’s fixable with new parts and not a total loss though. Your pic is a great example of how important paying attention is. I think people tend to really underestimate the danger of acrylic and how hot it can get. Hope you’re up and running soon!

2 Likes

BTW, while we’re on the subject - this might be of interest!

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.