So I just got my glowforge all set up, imported a drawing, and it didn’t cut all the way through.
One weird thing first… there is a lens or something that screws into the print head on the left side? That wasn’t actually in my print head when I took it out of the box. I looked all through the setup instructions to see if that was supposed actually be installed, but it didn’t say. So I screwed it in.
Anyway, steps I took:
- I created a drawing in Illustrator
- I exported it as an svg
- I imported it into the app
- I selected the proof grade medium walnut that came with my free materials kit
- I put the wood in the glowforge
- I pressed start on my computer, then waited for the glowforge button to glow
- I pressed the glowforge button
When it was done, there were some tiny holes here and there where it burned all the way through, but when I lifted the wood out of the glowforge, it will fully attached. When trying to take it out, the wood broke in several spots.
Any have any ideas what I did wrong?