First cut- laser not working

I just received my new glowforge plus and attempting to do my first cut using “gift of good measure” using proof grade material. All the settings are set to automatic and the precision power setting is not set to 1. The machine turns on, everything seems to be working normal, even see a little red light indicating that the laser has turned on. However, when it is time to cut, it does all the motions but appears that the laser is not working ,

I’m just a forum member, not actual support, but I do have a couple suggestions you could try while waiting on support to see this ticket.

First thing I would check is that the mirror under the removable lid is installed correctly. Turn the machine off when you check that. You don’t want to move the head manually when the machine is on.

If that appears to be ok… what side of the bed are you running the gogm on? Far right? Far left? I would try far left and see what happens.

Hello, @yeseniaingelmo I am very sorry about the laser tube problem you are running into with your Glowforge printer. I will do my best to get this issue resolved for you.

If your Printer Head is moving but you aren’t seeing the laser marking your material,

• The mirror in the Printer Head is not installed correctly and may have been damaged.

First, please inspect the mirror in the Printer Head

• Follow these instructions to access the Printer Head mirror.

• If you see damage to the mirror or the plastic handle (for example, if the plastic handle has been melted), please check the interior of the Printer Head for any additional damage. If you don’t see any signs of physical damage inside the Printer Head you can purchase a replacement Printer Head Mirror through the shop. Note: If there is damage to the plastic handle on the mirror, the mirror may be difficult to remove. You can follow the instructions here for removing a mirror that is stuck.

• Once you receive your replacement mirror, please clean both the lens and Printer Head window, by following these cleaning instructions.

• If you find any damage in the Printer Head, please take a photo of the damage and send it to us and we’ll follow up with next steps.

Let me know how it goes and we will be happy to assist with the next steps.

Thank you for your response. I checked the printer head mirror and I do not see any damages. It appears to be installed correctly following all the guided photos. Why should i need to purchase a new mirror when I just unboxed the glowforge, if there is something wrong with it, it arrived like that?

Thank you for your response! all appears to be installed correctly and cleaned. I think i was just sent a dud :frowning:

Thank you for sending those photos and video! Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.