First engrave!

Received my :glowforge: last Saturday and haven’t had much time to play. Mainly trying to nail down cardstock setting, but then all the settings were changed of course.
So today I had some time (finally). Since I’ve always lived in Syracuse, went to SU, and am a huge 'Cuse sports fan, I did an engrave to welcome in the new season and put in my fan cave!

Came out pretty well I think. Haven’t cleaned or weeded yet, but will fit right in to my room.
Can’t wait for the 3d engrave setting for this!

54 Likes

Nice!

That looks like a pretty good size piece, maybe an hour+ on time? That’s a patient wait for the first engrave! :smiley:

3 Likes

1:01. Yeah, and my wife went shopping so I couldn’t get a break. Not bad though.

2 Likes

That’s cool! (Love the use of the term “Fan Cave”.) :grinning:

2 Likes

Hey, my wife is a fan too!

10 Likes

Super nice job! I like the different shades.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

You know you need to rework that in orange and blue acrylic next, right? :wink:

3 Likes

Thought about that!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Very cool for first engrave!

1 Like

Neat. My son lives in Syracuse. He’s finishing grad school at SU (on their dime) while he waits for his girlfriend to finish her architecture degree.

2 Likes

Good for you that it’s on their dime!

Congrats. Glad to see another NY glowforge!!

1 Like

Well, happy birthday @teditz ! :gift::gift_heart::confetti_ball::four_leaf_clover::hatching_chick:

1 Like

Thanks @Jules

1 Like

:gift::tada::balloon:!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Wishing you a fantastic birthday @teditz! Hope it’s lots of fun.

1 Like

Thanks @Xabbess!

Good for him :slight_smile:

He runs their holodeck (a VR lab) and started a company to do AR that’s getting VC/PE funding so he’s busy. Makes up for no scholarships for years 1 - 3 (he graduated undergrad early).

1 Like