First Grade Icebox Poetry 🧊

Trying to get my first grader excited about reading…

I used the magnets described previously on the site, and adhered a piece of veneer from cards of wood onto it using the sticky side of the magnet.

It left alot of iron filing residue on the edges, so I am thinking that this would be better in the cricut, however when I tried to load the design in the cricut design space, the program didn’t want to let me clip everything together, too many letters I guess…

If you want to add more words, more lines, etc, it is the font Georgia and 35point. Easy to copy and paste to add lines / dividers.

Zip file to download:
words.svg.zip (88.1 KB)

41 Likes

Excellent idea. :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks for the words. I love this idea and I want to know how his sentence ended. Why did he want a fly? What happened next?

5 Likes

Probably guy? J/k.

3 Likes

I love this!!!

4 Likes

Mahalo!

3 Likes

Great idea!

4 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! The possibilities are endless!!! Thank you!

3 Likes

With magnetic paint you could make a tiny version for your Christmas houses. :slight_smile: Thank you!

4 Likes

HAHA. You would need a magnifying glass to read them!

4 Likes

I had been thinking about letters for the grandchildren, but I love your idea better. These are great! Thank you!

3 Likes

It needs more ‘an’
Thanks!!!

1 Like

unintended consequence… rust from the metal debris on the magnet.

Maybe this isn’t a great laser project…

5 Likes

It was a great laser project. The material, however, may need to be changed. Bummer!

1 Like

Oh no! So sorry to see that happen! :neutral_face:

Maybe a magnetic tray or tin pan of some kind could be used…I still love the idea for the kiddos to learn reading skills.

2 Likes

My plumber gave me a tip to fix our messed up fridge from this failed laser magnet experiment.

Diamond magic.

We fixed up the kitchen and put the old appliances back in, but now it looks good. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Gotta get me some of that! :sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes

That looks great. I am going to watch for that stuff. Your plumber is a gem.

2 Likes