First Grade Icebox Poetry 🧊

Trying to get my first grader excited about reading…

I used the magnets described previously on the site, and adhered a piece of veneer from cards of wood onto it using the sticky side of the magnet.

It left alot of iron filing residue on the edges, so I am thinking that this would be better in the cricut, however when I tried to load the design in the cricut design space, the program didn’t want to let me clip everything together, too many letters I guess…

If you want to add more words, more lines, etc, it is the font Georgia and 35point. Easy to copy and paste to add lines / dividers.

Zip file to download:
words.svg.zip (88.1 KB)

36 Likes

Excellent idea. :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks for the words. I love this idea and I want to know how his sentence ended. Why did he want a fly? What happened next?

4 Likes

Probably guy? J/k.

3 Likes

I love this!!!

3 Likes

Mahalo!

2 Likes

Great idea!

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! The possibilities are endless!!! Thank you!

3 Likes

With magnetic paint you could make a tiny version for your Christmas houses. :slight_smile: Thank you!

4 Likes

HAHA. You would need a magnifying glass to read them!

4 Likes

I had been thinking about letters for the grandchildren, but I love your idea better. These are great! Thank you!

3 Likes

It needs more ‘an’
Thanks!!!

1 Like

unintended consequence… rust from the metal debris on the magnet.

Maybe this isn’t a great laser project…

3 Likes

It was a great laser project. The material, however, may need to be changed. Bummer!

1 Like

Oh no! So sorry to see that happen! :neutral_face:

Maybe a magnetic tray or tin pan of some kind could be used…I still love the idea for the kiddos to learn reading skills.

1 Like