First Photo on Glowforge (that came out right)

Just made this of my mother and my oldest son on 5" x 7" canvas board using dougwolfson’s settings. I lightened it up a bit much when I was first working with the photo, but I don’t hate it. I should have made it stand straighter for the photo, but centering, etc. came out well. There are smudges on the bottom though. Planning to frame it, but should I spray it first?
Thanks!

20 Likes

Yes, a fixative spray will lock down the black. I imagine if you cleaned it off it would be way lighter than you’d want.

It’s a lovely picture :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would be tempted to try a magic eraser along the bottom there, unless your frame will hide it.
Nice job on that!

4 Likes

Thank you. They were very close.

Thanks! And I never would have thought to try a Magic Eraser. If the frame turns out not to hide it, I will definitely try that.

1 Like

Oh yeah - those things are lovely, and you can buy them for WAY cheaper than Mr. Clean sells them if you look for “melamine sponge”

2 Likes

Thanks!

I should probably ask - what kind of spray do you use for canvas board? :blush:

There are literally dozens available - and it sorta depends on what you care about (https://www.jacksonsart.com/blog/2014/08/29/fixatives-are-not-all-the-same/)

I honestly don’t remember the brand I used, but I got it at the hardware store and it was specifically a matte fixative designed for wood (I haven’t done canvas)

2 Likes

Nice photo, and a great way to find more joy from it.

1 Like