First Post - Wall Quote via Puzzle Pieces

This is my first post, but I wanted to share how we added a quote (verse) to our walls. We wanted to use a serif font, but I was very concerned with spacing/kerning and getting it level. I decided to make each word a “puzzle” piece to keep the spacing perfect and to make it easy to make the verse level. I haven’t seen anything like this, so I thought it may help someone that doesn’t have a pass-through slot.

I used Illustrator to make the “puzzle” pieces.

Painted them and numbered them…

Set them up on the wall then used command strips to place them perfectly in place.

Worked great!
![IMG_4129%202|666x500](upload://5

Wktg70H3XnFdtIVzLctl3Sxlc7.jpeg)

We also did the teacher’s podium this way with acrylic as well…

Hope this is a help to someone…no passthrough needed this way.

• MM
90 Likes

Nice job, and thanks for the clear explanation of your successful application. You better be careful or local museums will be contacting you to do the signage for their exhibits.

7 Likes

Fantastic results! :grinning:

1 Like

Haha, thanks! and thanks for the warning! :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks! We were really happy with how it turned out.

1 Like

Super creative approach. Turned out great.

3 Likes

Really great job! I’d definitely envisioned a puzzle-fit placement guide for larger designs if I ever needed one, and this was a perfect execution of the concept.

We have a bedroom reno coming up and I eventually want to make a “headboard” using the same kind of idea – so glad to see it in action, right down to the command strips!

2 Likes

Great results, I love the idea of the guide pieces for the install.

3 Likes

Well now, that was just amazing! Perfect way to make the waste material useful. Your finished quote on the wall (and podium) look perfect!

4 Likes

Always fun to see someone going big!

5 Likes

Nice work but even better description here.

3 Likes

Brilliant! Nice work.

2 Likes

Would you be willing to share what thickness and material you used on the large wall letters. I very much like the way they stand out just enough to be there! but not so much as to look blocky,

This is truly a beautiful method and implementation.

3 Likes

Awesome job - great way to do to it.

1 Like

Very inventive! Looks great!

1 Like

Looks incredible!!! Out of curiosity, how did you adhere to the wall? Command strips or something?

1 Like

That looks very nice!! The puzzle piece method worked beautifully.

1 Like

Very clever! I love the Command strips for hanging anything on the walls.

1 Like

Yes, command strips.

I bought a sheet of plywood (oak, I think) that was 2.5mm thick.