First Print Crab!

It’s here it’s here! Got all unpacked and put together. Even after reading all the warnings in the user manual, I managed to touch the side window on the printhead and left a nice fat fingerprint on it, which I wiped off with my shirt. I hope nothing burns down because of my haste.

Printed the ruler, then had a go on my first real print. We were at Joe’s Crab Shack the other day and my daughter took to their little crab logo, so I brought home one of their placemats, scanned the crab, cleaned it up in Pixelmator, traced it in Inkscape, and converted to SVG. It’s not the most exciting print ever, but it’s my first!

63 Likes

Enjoy them while they are still going! What a happy crab!:smile:

5 Likes

Looks great! Can’t wait to see the other stuff you come up with! :grinning:

5 Likes

But it is the most exciting print ever to your little one! One of my favorite things about the Glowforge is the ability to make simple, fun things to delight people. :gift:

5 Likes

Awwww, what a nice tribute piece. Now I want some crab!

2 Likes

So cute!

2 Likes

Nice! Enjoy the exploration!
Get yourself some lens cleaner packets, you will need them.

2 Likes

Thank God I’m not the only one :joy:

Congrats and I think it’s an awesome first print!

3 Likes

He is SO cute!

2 Likes

Oh I do that almost every time I use mine… figure if the laser can burn through wood and acrylic, a fingerprint won’t phase it :smiley:

Congrats and have fun!

2 Likes

Cute first project! Congrats on your own :glowforge:

1 Like

Wait, what? Your comment made me look it up, they’re going bankrupt! I didn’t know.

2 Likes

Very adorable! My favorite thing in life … is seeing joy from a child.

3 Likes

Great first project! Such an adorable little crab. Can’t wait to see what logos you whip up next!

1 Like