First prints failing

Actually I suspect the sae GOGM might be a bad file for some reason. As I know you will be anxious to get going you might want to run the calibration so it will work better as you do get going. If you have another free design you might want to test that. It would be quite odd for it to be one design only and be a machine problem. I was thinking some screwup of a mark on the piece of wood but it looks like you have eliminated that possibility as well.

2 Likes

Youā€™re probably trying to cut the imperial GOGM on metric draftboard. :wink:

7 Likes

Or maybe Iā€™ve got metric electricity. Iā€™ll call my power company today. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I set the machine up yesterday afternoon and then spent the rest of the day trying to resolve this issue. Since the metric GOGM works fine, I suspect many/most other things will as well. Iā€™ll try one of the other free designs when I get home from work tonight. Iā€™m really starting to think this is a software/firmware issue. The failure characteristics are almost exactly the same each time. Like the laser is actually doing whatā€™s itā€™s being told to, but the instructions are incorrect. (Or itā€™s misinterpreting the instructions)

4 Likes

Your humor really is refreshing. It is hard to try to help someone where they come here yelling and ranting from their first post. It will be worked out, maybe not with this machine, but it will be made right.

4 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry to hear that your new Glowforge isnā€™t cutting reliably. Thank you for posting all of the detailed troubleshooting you have already done.

Unfortunately, after extracting the logs from these prints it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we canā€™t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so Iā€™m recommending we replace this one. Iā€™ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. Iā€™m so sorry about the bad news.