First self-made project!

So, after hours of drawing in illustrator and many MANY moments of “dear god why is it cutting the same area twice”. I finally mastered my designs in Illustrator! Out of many designs, these were the best in my opinion. I am still in the process of mastering the almighty kerf…which at times made me want to rip my hair out lol. However I decided that the honey comb earrings looked best layered than a single layer inlayed. I built up the courage and decided to share them here with all of you!

86 Likes

These are lovely! Nice work!

4 Likes

Those look fantastic. I like the honeycomb one the most. How big are they? It’s hard to tell the scale from the rock :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The one in the photo is about 3 inches tall. I ended up making them smaller before uploading them to my online shop. I figured 3" was a bit too large lol.

2 Likes

thank you! :grin:

Very nice work. Glad you shared it with us!

3 Likes

Wow, those are beautiful!

I really like the photo of the edge of the blue triangle! I love the shadow and the light effect on the edges!

2 Likes

Thank you! I am no professional photographer by any means, literally took these photos with my iPhone and some photography lights I got on amazon, and a few touch ups in photoshop.

2 Likes

The honeycomb one is my favorite!

3 Likes

Really great work :slight_smile: love that dripping honey one.

3 Likes

I hope you don’t pull out your hair. The final products are lovely and you obviously have the whole kerf thing figured out.

2 Likes

same. Kind of made me hungry.

3 Likes

As a sometimes quilter, I love that first photo.

2 Likes

They’re beautiful!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Great idea, and lovely work! These are very pretty!

2 Likes

Super nice layered work! Looks like you’re on a roll.

3 Likes

Really like the dripping honey piece.

5 Likes

What adhesive did you use to bond the acrylic to the wood?

I’ve used epoxy resin primarily.

2 Likes

well not really, Most of the inlayed ones are not that tight snap fit we all know and love. They are actually held in place with some E6000 around the edges lol.

I used E6000 along the face of the wooden part to bond it to either side of the acrylic. So far it holds up VERY well.

3 Likes