First self-made project!

well not really, Most of the inlayed ones are not that tight snap fit we all know and love. They are actually held in place with some E6000 around the edges lol.

I used E6000 along the face of the wooden part to bond it to either side of the acrylic. So far it holds up VERY well.

3 Likes

Yup… I also use a lot of Goop, which is similar.

2 Likes

I have never used goop before, actually I use a social version of E6000 I think its the weatherproof “no smell” version. I find that it is much more spreadable than normal E6000.

4 Likes

These are stunning. I love the honeycomb piece! Well done

3 Likes

They are all lovely … but I love the first!

3 Likes

Really nice idea, especially the nice colors .

2 Likes

Thank you! It started off as wood only. Then I saw a photo of some rustic German houses that had the wooden cross hatch patterns on the exterior and across the windows. I thought it would be really nice if I could emulate those designs concepts & “emotion” if you will, in a pair of earrings. And this was the end result. lol

3 Likes

Wowowow!! I LOVE the “dripping” honeycomb one :slight_smile:

4 Likes

These are really cute!! The dripping honey is adorable!!

3 Likes

Those are beautiful! Nice work!

2 Likes

Beautiful… as you might have found out on this first post - this is a pretty encouraging group! Glad you built up the courage!

2 Likes

They turned out SO nice! My favorite is the blue triangle. Thanks for showing us…we’ve all been at the hair-tearing-out stage, so we understand how it feels to put yourself and your designs out there for the first time. Please continue to be so brave!

3 Likes

Outstanding work. Worth the effort. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Necro threading, but that honey comb is just stunning! Now I have an idea what I can do with a yellow piece of acrylic that I got as a sample :heart_eyes_cat: Have you been making any more incredibly cool projects over the last year? The Hocus Pocus one is fantastic too!

Oh, and your photos are perfect!

2 Likes

Oh yeah!! That dripping honey is awesome! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you! I actually took the photos with my iPhone and touched them up a bit in adobe Lightroom. I am in no way a professional photographer lol. I have been working on an “in world” Galaxies edge sign from the Star Wars themed area in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Also made a pirates of the Caribbean themed sign. I couldn’t figure out how to upload the photos here so be on the lookout for a new post with them here soon.

1 Like

Well you are on the right track with the photos, regardless of using a fancy camera or not! Can’t wait to see your signs :heart_eyes_cat:

Here is the link to a post for one of my newer projects, hope you like it!

3 Likes

lovely!

1 Like