First time using machine and cuts are not going through the materials

Okay @chi.boutique , let’s continue this conversation over on your original thread. (That’s so Support can follow along with what you have tried…it’s not going to be seen on this thread.)

Check over there in a few minutes, I need to gather some screen shots.

You might have a focusing issue if raising the focus that high results in a better cut. There are some things you will need to check…stand by for a bit while I get @chi.boutique started on the other thread.

I’ll check back in a little while with some things to look at. (Or @jamesdhatch can walk you through checking all the optical path.)

Oh, you already looked at most of it…only thing left to check is the mirror…

1 Like

Hi Jules did all of this cleaning yesterday. It only had one good cut. I need to figure this med draft board focus height. The medium draftboard setting is just not working default

What setting are you using again

I am typing up the steps for you on your other thread.

Ok

Yea i checked all the lenses and cleaned em jus to be safe and even checked the mirror and everything looks good and new to me. Im going to attempt the multiple squares or circled nested into each other varying the focus height and see what happens from there.

1 Like

Sounds like a good next test.

1 Like

I’m sorry for the trouble with your new Glowforge. Thanks for taking the time to do such great troubleshooting already, and for providing those photos. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like