Fishing village

I have a kind of twisted sense of humor.

Our neighbors across the street have been dealing with a slow water main leak in their front yard for years. Just this year it has been dug up by the city at least four times. And it’s seeping again. So I threatened to make them a fishing village to plant on the shoreline, and I finally carried out the threat. Fortunately they loved it.

I designed it in Illustrator, cut it out of cardboard and painted it up. Would be fun to see the reaction of the city water guys the next time they pull up.

86 Likes

Pretty funny. I hope they get their “lake” cleared up pretty soon.

11 Likes

That’s not weird.

7 Likes

That is great! Such a cute idea. But won’t the cardboard disintegrate pretty quick?

9 Likes

Well then, your sense of humor is right up my alley! Not only is this funny but so cute, too. I hope those city guys get the joke. How bout a toy car one end down into the water…like a big sink hole.

:100: :+1:t3:

16 Likes

That’s amazing! Both your following through and that they can find humor in an otherwise humorless situation.

10 Likes

Aww, so cute!

5 Likes

That’s hilarious!

6 Likes

This is hysterical! Love it!

5 Likes

Humor is a method to prevent hair tearing.
I like your approach and glad the neighbors took it the right way.

Once, we had a rather deep hole left in the middle of the road leading up to our section.
The barricades kept disappearing (theft or needed on another project? dunno) and it got dicey if you forgot it was there. It was DEEP.
We did a back and forth with the city for about a year before they finally came and fixed it (we called the Mayor instead of the hired help). Their question always revolved around who made the hole (A: the city - Q: which department? - A: the hole makers? water-sewer-electric?), and then we would get handed off to people who wanted no part in hole ownership.
Fast end here. The cones and barricades kept disappearing, but someone finally took an old busted up, wheel less, kids car, one of those large plastic jobs, and stuffed it into the hole.
Nice and visible, even at night, but more importantly, nobody wanted to take it home so it stayed put for almost a half year.

I was not there when the work crews finally arrived to repair their hole, and I always wondered what their reaction was to that kiddie car buried in the man made sink hole…

Maybe can shop the garage sales near you for an old pusher kiddie car?

19 Likes

I think the neighbors sprayed it with some clear acrylic. It was just meant as a joke anyway…

Heh heh. That hole is big enough for a full size car.

10 Likes

Lol!!! I love it!

5 Likes

Great sense of humor!!!

6 Likes

That’s adorable!

5 Likes

Probably cheaper for a new one if they make them. According to American Pickers, the old ones are quite collectible.

3 Likes

I know it was meant as a joke, but it’s just so cute I’d love if they left it there, even after the hole is fixed. The village would then be living in a “dry lake bed.” :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This is totally my sense of humor as well. I’d have to add some boats…

5 Likes

New addition to the shoreline today: the neighbors installed a full sized fishing pole. :laughing:

11 Likes

Oh, that’s so fun. Maybe other neighbors will pitch in!

2 Likes

This is my kind of humor. Love it!!

3 Likes