Flames more than normal

I have been getting a lot of flames lately. Seems like a lot more than normal. The machine is cleaned and the air assist/lenses are all clean. Anyone else have problems like this?

Check your exhaust fan to see if it needs cleaning, and make sure nothing is obstructing the air intake vent on the lower right front of the machine. Also minimize any sharp turns in your vent hose.

Thank you. No air obstruction on the intake vent and no sharp turns on the vent hose. I will try to clean the exhaust fan and cleaning the air assist again. Its flaming with multiple different materials and has never done this before.

Keep a close eye on one while it’s printing, and locate the print far enough back from the front of the machine that you can get a good look at it…does the flame get blown forward with a strong forward motion?

(Some materials do flame up a little more than others, but you want to keep an eye on how the flame is getting moved by the air assist fan. It should blow towards the front.)

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re hitting this snag. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints, and it appears the Air Assist Fan on your Glowforge may not be spinning as fast as it should, due to debris build up.

When you have a moment, could you work through the instructions here for cleaning your Air Assist Fan, and let us know if this helps with the behavior you are seeing?

If the fan does not appear to be dirty, or the same trouble occurs after cleaning it, please let us know.

Thank you for reaching out. We have cleaned the air assist twice and it is still flaming pretty bad, unfortunately.

Thank you for working through those steps, and for providing these details. I see that you’ve reached out to us directly via email, so I will be closing this thread, and continuing to follow up there.