Flames when cutting acrylic

Not sure - it might be the design itself contributing. (I’d like to run the design myself to watch it. Haven’t run that one yet…I just use a paperclip.) :smile:

Let me grab some breakfast then I’ll run a test case on the file to see how it prints.

Yep, definitely air assist fan related. Mine showed no flame so it’s not the design.

Wish I had acrylic to test with, but agreed that those flames are “normal” but your assist fan isn’t working as advertised.

I wish I didn’t have to clean mine. mine get tons of build up.

Mine has plenty, but it hasn’t affected its operation - as evidenced by my video.

yeah mine was causing an air assist alert that shut my forge down cleaned it and went great
for awhile. watched a video of a guy that said he cleans his weekly so it doesn’t get gummed up
not sure why mine has had so many issues

From back before we knew about magnets…

this one was not doing good but I suspect magnets were most if my problem,

After cleaning with hand sanitizer for a while…

I’m so sorry for the trouble.

Thanks for the help everyone.

As the discussion indicated, the air assist fan on your Glowforge may not be operating properly.

I’d like to to send you a replacement carriage plate. If you’re still having trouble once you’ve swapped in the new one, let us know right away.

I’ll follow up in email shortly to sort out the details.

2 Likes

hey there sent you a reply email and got a message that my ticket was closed i responded and hopefully they will get sorted soon. i just wanted to confirm you got my email. your initial email got sent to the wrong folder. i had to search for it. not sure why it was there but hope to get this resolved soon i wanna be making ear savers!

Thank you so much for confirming your shipping information! I’ve emailed some instructions for installing the new Carriage Plate, and we’ll follow up with tracking information as soon as it is available. Please let us know if you run into any trouble installing the replacement Carriage Plate, and we’d be happy to help.

I’ll now close this thread.

1 Like