Flashback

I’m getting bad flashback on small earrings and I am using the cherry gf wood. I’ve tried baby wipes, vinegar and rubbing alcohol with a soft toothbrush to remove it but so far it looks bad. Any other ideas ?

Reduce your power or speed up the laser until it just barely cuts through.

2 Likes

Ok I’ll try it thanks

Cover the back side with an extra layer of masking tape could help as well if you need the settings to stay the same for some reason.

2 Likes

This just came up.

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit a snag!

To better understand the trouble you’re experiencing, could you send us a photo of the print with the flashback? Please include the approximate date and time of the print as well.

For our next steps, I’d like to make sure your Glowforge is operating within specifications. At your earliest convenience, please perform the following test print.

• Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

• If the Gift of Good Measure shows flashback, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.

Let us know how it goes!

Made another at7 pm tonight for you. It has less than the previous

Lol sorry sent to the wrong person

Thank you so much for sending those photos for us to better understand the trouble you’re experiencing.

It appears the settings for your Hummingbird earrings are slightly modified when compared to the intended settings for Proofgrade material. When using Medium Cherry Plywood, the speed should be 168 , and the power should be full . In your most recent print, you used speed 142, and power 99.

For our next steps, I’d like to have you perform a standardized print for us to get a baseline for how your Glowforge is performing. At your earliest convenience, please print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

• If the Gift of Good Measure shows flashback, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.

Let us know how it goes!

No flashback

@sunnywillow68 , that is great news! Thank you for letting us know.

Since it sounds like the issue has been resolved, I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If you still need help with this issue or anything else please either start a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re happy to help!

1 Like