Flashing in laser tube

I’ve never seen it before, so I’m not sure what is causing it, but I am seeing flashes in my laser tube as the laser is cutting. What should I do to fix it?

laser-flashing

1 Like

When it’s not running a job?

This is during an engrave. But I’ve never actually seen the laser tube light up when engraving or cutting.

Let support take a look at it…but there’s usually a little purple flashy light happening at the ends when a job runs. Maybe if the tube is dirty it would reflect along the length.

That’s the actual laser beam at I’m guessing full power?

1 Like

I have watched mine for years, and that looks like normal operation during a cut or full power engrave. I’ll bet that now that you have noticed it, you can’t un-see it! :no_mouth:

Support will probably have a look at your logs to be sure.

4 Likes

Completely normal at a high power. It’s hard to see at low power but still happens.

3 Likes

Hello @zoramite,

Thank you for reaching out and for sending the video. What you’re seeing is the laser beam, it is perfectly normal and expected. As others here have mentioned, its not always noticeable, but you can definitely see it at high power.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We’re happy to help!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you any need help or have additional questions please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.