Flickering Lid light

I just noticed my Glowforge starting acting weird. When I open or close the lid, the light flickers a lot. It dims or gets really bright. It seems that the main black connector has a problem when it folds as the lid opens/closes. I touch it and the light flickers. I’m not sure what to do. Hoping to get some help about this issue.

Sounds like that cable will need to be replaced, we’re seeing a lot of that here lately. How old is your machine?

Almost 8 months I think

I’m sorry about the trouble with your LED lights. You’re correct that the issues you’re seeing might be caused by a poor connection with the cables on your lid. Please follow the steps below to check the lid connections:

1. Turn off your unit.

2. Open the lid.

3. Using both hands, gently roll the laser arm to the front of the unit.

4. There are 5 clips pictured below. Check each one to ensure it is closed. The clip should lie flat, and you shouldn’t be able to flip it in any direction.

1. If any of the clips are open, ensure the cable is inserted straight into the clip and close the clip.

2. If any of the cables are misaligned in the clip, take a photo of the clip and cable and send it to me so I can take a look before you proceed. Do not try to adjust or reseat the cable.

3. Close the lid.

4. Turn your unit back on and wait for it to calibrate.

Please let us know what you find. Thank you!

And I followed the troubleshooting you suggested and it didn’t work. It looks like the problem comes from the main connector. The one that folds when the lid opens/closes. Even the slightest tap makes the lights flicker like crazy and go dim/bright

Thank you for checking that out for us. Since everything is connected properly, and the lights flicker when you touch the cable, you’re correct that the black cable on the lid likely has a problem. I’ll be in touch via email soon to sort out the details of how to get a replacement.