Focus can not see entire object

only a portion of my leather shows on the screen. so i can not engrave on the entire piece. how do i recenter so i can see the full piece of leather

1 Like

Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

If you zoom your GFUI out you’ll see the full area - you should put your material closest to the front right side of the crumbtray.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
The Glowforge cannot print at the very top of the bed.The camera shows the printable area. As stated above, zoom out and you can also use the scroll tool to move around the workspace.

Oh no, I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag.

As @deirdrebeth and @dklgood stated, your Glowforge bed can accommodate materials measuring 18 x 20.4”. Your Glowforge has a maximum printable area of approximately 11″ (279 mm) deep and 19.5″ (495 mm) wide, and it’s reduced somewhat when the laser operates at high speed, as it can take space for the laser to decelerate.

This means not all of the bed is displayed, or available to be printed on, so there will always be about an inch of space on the left. This material can be reused as scrap later for small pieces. For example, a lot of customers use small pieces of scrap to print these pins available in the free laser design section: Honeycomb bed holdown pins.

Could you try zooming out and placing your material closer to the middle of the machine?

Let us know if this resolves the trouble!

Is it bad that in looking at your picture I initially thought you were printing a leather bra? :rofl:

2 Likes

LOL - similar shape but it’d be a pretty tiny bra! That’s my mask design :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @cvierra. It’s been a while since there was any activity after @jeremyh’s response. I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but if you’re continuing to run into any further trouble, feel free to create a new thread, or write us at support@glowforge.com, and we’ll be happy to help. Thank you!