Focus problem

Hi everyone, I have some focus problem. When I set a focus it shows me the way I wanted, but after print is done the image was in moved. What to do? I’m doing refresh image but nothing works!! Help please!! Thanks!

Use the set focus tool before placing your artwork and make sure that the red beam strikes your material where the artwork will be placed. How far off is the print from where you expected it to be. 1/4" is the allowable difference according to Glowforge.

Have you completed the lid camera calibration procedure?

Can you share a screenshot displaying your problem?

2 Likes

Hi thanks for your advice, it’s better but still not good… Here is photo

Look at the circle. Thanks

Now even worse. Look at this

I’m so upset !!!:disappointed_relieved::triumph:

Did the printhead get moved (bumped) accidently while the machine was turned on? The last picture is not normal.

1 Like

To be able to precisely place this artwork onto your existing item, you may want to make a jig so that placement would be perfect and repeatable.

2 Likes

Something that also might help is to place the piece you are engraving directly under the camera in the center of the bed. Also use the set focus tool before you line up your engraving. Good luck.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints, and compared it with the details you’ve provided.

Based on the logs, your Glowforge is aligning with specification. I did see that you attempted to perform a camera recalibration twice, and both times if failed. This was due to the size of the material not being large enough to properly complete the recalibration.

I then reviewed the print you referenced in the photo. Based on the image, I’d like to take a look at an image from inside of your Glowforge. Could you please send us a photo of the pulley under the laser arm, like the example below?

Once we can review this image, we’ll send over the next best steps.

It’s been awhile since we’ve heard from you. Would you let us know if you’re still experiencing trouble? If so, could you work through my colleague Marc’s instructions above?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.