Focusing, focusing, focusing

I have been cutting up a storm with great results. Yesterday I gave my Glowforge, and myself, a day off, and this morning when I came to set up a new project, and hit the set Focus button, it seems to have gotten stuck. The little “radar screen” keeps circling and circling. With a nod to the British comedy “IT Crowd”, I turned it off and on again - several times, refreshed my browser, and cleaned my camera and lens. I left it still trying to focus and 30 minutes later, still no go. Can you help me?

There is a great post here:

go through all the suggested steps and report them back here, that way when a staff member gets here (if you haven’t already gotten it fixed on your own!) they’ll know what you’ve done.

Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag. As @deirdrebeth provided, the steps outlined on that particular thread may have helped.

I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints, and noticed that you’ve been connected and printing properly since contacting us. That’s great!

Could you let me know if you are still experiencing trouble?

I’m doing great! Thanks. Apparently it was a wifi thing? Or could the Catalina OS update that happened overnight been the issue? Whatever, I’m happy and printing!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

I would bet it was a wifi issue. I have been on this forum and read just about every post in the last 15 months or so. Additionally I have had my own wifi issues that I have battled, despite having great internet at home. It really does seem to be that wifi is the issue in so many of the cases, even when posters state they have already ruled out internet as the problem.

2 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it!

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!