Focusing the Head

Hi everyone,
I was doing some prints this morning and everything was running beautifully. Then all of a sudden my machine stopped printing and it will not move away from the yellow start button, and it says it is focusing the head. Can anyone tell me what is going on? I can’t seem to find any similar problems in the search.
Thank you!

I think yellow is a sign something’s gone wrong, so you may have to wait for support. In the meantime, though, it wouldn’t hurt to turn it off wait a bit, then turn it back on again. (If you haven’t already).

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with your new Glowforge. Can you try the following steps for me?

1. Turn off your Glowforge.
  2. Holding only the finished black surfaces, grasp the printer head as shown. Pull gently up and back to disengage the magnets and remove the head.
  3. There is a small tab in the center of the wire ribbon. Push down fully on the tab to release it, and gently pull the wire ribbon plug from the printer head.
  4. Take a clear photo of the gold pins inside the printer head where you just unplugged the wire ribbon. It should look like this.
  5. Pick up the printer head and wire ribbon. Make sure the tab on the wire ribbon is facing up. Slide the ribbon back into the head until it clicks.
  6. As shown, lower the printer head over the metal plate so that it rests next to the two round posts. Then push it gently away from you – you’ll feel a “click” as magnets pull the printer head until it sits snugly atop the metal plate.
  7. Turn your Glowforge back on.
  8. Send us the photo of the gold pins from step 4.
1 Like

Thank you, after following your steps I turned it back o! n and as of right now there’s no warning. Here is the picture you requested. Let me know if there is anything further I need to do. IMG_9551|375x500

Thank you for following the steps and sending me the photo.

It looks like the cable may have been loose and you fixed it when you plugged the head back in. Your Glowforge is ready to print again. I’m so sorry for the inconvenience!

1 Like