Foldable Adirondack chair

Adapted a free plan I found online to this 1/6 scale model that is actually foldable. This is the first cut and still need some tweaking.

Here’s a view of the pieces and how they are put together:

35 Likes

26 Likes

Here’s the folding:

47 Likes

Totally awesome!

5 Likes

Thanks!

I plan to make a few more tweaks:

1. The chair slats’ attachment to the support is too tight
  2. The T- pin holding the arm rest to the front legs should be from the other direction
  3. Add one more brace to the farther end of the chair support
  4. Reduce the width of the upper chair back brace
5 Likes

So cool!

2 Likes

That is absolutely adorable!!

3 Likes

Anything made miniature is awesome and this is no exception. Cant wait to see the next iteration!

4 Likes

That is so very cool!! Great job!

2 Likes

A folding Adirondack! Amazing!

2 Likes

That’s fabulous!

2 Likes

Adorable!!!

1 Like

Oooo, I love interactive designs, and the fact that it’s miniature sends it over the top!

Your first photo looks full size, so I was totally fooled until you mentioned the scale. Excellent work!

Cool Engineering.

Thanks!

First photo was of the chair held up in front of my computer screen displaying a photo I took during one of my camping trips :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your replies!

Here’s the revised version shown beside the original:

The changes:

1. Added 2 support braces to the seat support:

2. Changed the direction of the pin connecting the arm rest to the front leg, and added a rounded shape:

8 Likes
  1. Reduced the length of the upper seat back brace:

2. Changed the shaped of the arm rest, made it slimmer and added a curve at the back to fill in the gap:

Other improvements are not visible, such as reducing the tightness of the fit between seat slats and the seat support, fine tuning the front leg angle etc.

10 Likes

That is amazing!

Is that Geoff?

4 Likes