Folders on the Design Page

Ah, the arrogance of including “Final” in the file name.

My students have learned that when they decide to do that, they are always at least 4 iterations from actually being done.

8 Likes

When I was working at a magazine, we had final, finalfinal, and sometimes finalfinalfinal.

1 Like

Does anyone else remember when the phrase “cut and paste” meant literally that. Scissors or razor blade, tape or paste, etc.

7 Likes

Up until a couple of years ago, I still had a large folder of zip-a-tone along with my drafting board (various pens, French curves, x-acto knives, etc.) :relaxed:

1 Like

I still sometimes do that when I’m reorganizing a big text. Screen just doesn’t have enough real estate for all the things I want to see at once.

I know it’s been a while, and it’s supposedly in the hopper or something, but my workspace is getting clogged up something fierce. Folders or tags or something, because I want all the GoT coats of arms to stop being visible (but I don’t want to delete them because I’m not sure which ones back on my computer are the right files), and I’m tired of going 5 “show more” clicks to get to the simple rectangles and ellipses for cutting things out…

whine

9 Likes

Agreed. I’d like to keep it to one screen (personal preference) with folders for different projects.

1 Like

I’m just deleting things and using my hard drive to keep them organized. What’s left on the workspace is a random collection of stuff I haven’t gotten around to deleting because I get distracted loading something else :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Folders, please! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I gave up. Folders are local (on my NAS) and I periodically scrub the GFUI of my previous work. I do version everything (v1 thru…) and the last version is likely the one that worked (which I can also find by looking in my Excel job log).

Otherwise I can’t find anything easily because you don’t scroll smoothly through your entire catalog of stuff - have to keep doing the More thing. Irritating.

4 Likes

Preach!

1 Like

That’s probably the most painless and practical solution for now.

Though I really really would love folders someday, please.

1 Like

Yeah, it’d be nice - especially with saved settings because that’s not something I can save locally.

I have dual monitors so I keep my File Explorer open on one and my GFUI on another and just drag & drop files into the GFUI when I want to do a project. I almost never look for one on the catalog page. Just let them stack up until I want one of the GF ones and then I go and clean house until I find the GF design I want :smile: Then they start stacking up again. :slight_smile: