Follow up painted update to my 28mm Miniature Diorama/Bases post

First found here: 28mm Miniature & Diorama Bases and Terrain

Here is a “not quite complete but closer to done than not” update for those bases I cut out! They have models and paint on them now!

I painted over the masking, so far no bubbles or peeling. I did have to re-glue one or two guys to their bases after they got crushed… by accident… by me… ahem

Ahead is a ton of weathering and details but overall loving my GF-cut bases and terrain and working on some more for future projects!

55 Likes

Gosh, the detail is amazing! Well done!

4 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty amazing all right! (I’d never have that much patience!) :grinning:

3 Likes

holy … wow detail so well done

2 Likes

Flames of War?

Nice job with the bases, i have been thinkng the same thing with cobblestone patterns and the like. Etching them as you have done makes painting them so much easier and they look fantastic

1 Like

Really nice work!

1 Like

They look great! Amazing what they add to your display.

1 Like

Almost there, Flames of War is a 15mm game, everything is ~1/2 as big - these guys are for Bolt Action

Me too! I used to hand sculpt those with epoxy putty but the GF would be much faster and more consistent :smiley:

1 Like

Great job on the details!

Nice work!

Very nice! I backed the DragonLock kickstarter, which provided 3D models for printing terrain, buildings, etc. Using the GF seems much faster and more precise. I really have to do some post-processing to allow for a nice paint job on the printed parts.

1 Like

I don’t have time to play the few games I have. This really makes me want to get into miniature gaming.

I still haven’t played a single game with this group, but I like being able to work on something non-digital as a hobby. Easy to put down and pick up again, and in the end a tangible product :slight_smile:

2 Likes