Font Help Needed Please

Hello everyone, thank you in advance for any help! I’m looking for a font that I can use for name placers for a wedding that will need to be in script and all one piece (including the dot for lower case i & j). I can’t locate any to buy on Etsy and not sure how to go about it manually through the glowforge app. One of these would be fabulous! Thanks again

All fonts are separate letters even if they look connected. They need to turned into outlines then welded in your design app. Do you have GF premium? I think you can force something similar by using the outline feature but I haven’t tried it personally.

2 Likes

I do, but I don’t know how to connect everything

I’m pretty sure you cannot weld/connect letters in the GF app using premium. You will need to do that in a separate design app like Inkscape or Illustrator. Someone else may know differently though, as I don’t really use that feature in premium.

3 Likes

I believe @Xabbess is correct. Inkscape is your friend here. So is google fonts. Search google fonts and have a look at the many available scripts and go from there. I have always been a fan of the font Butter and Garlic, but you always have to tween the dot on the I.

3 Likes

If you dropped the list of names in here someone might do it for you, depending on your timeline.

2 Likes

blossom and sweetshy are a couple of my favorites, and, everyone is right, they can’t be done in premium. It’s not difficult to do them in Inkscape. I’d be happy to help. Out for the day but back this evening…

2 Likes

Hey send me an email I’ve some name place cards for a wedding I used great vibes font on silhouette pro I’d love to teach you how to weld them together does take time but I’d love to help:)

3 Likes

Are any of your favorite font “google” fonts?

1 Like

You can, in fact, force a weld-type operation in Glowforge Premium using the Outline feature. See my reply here for more details:

3 Likes

Have you tried Silhouette Studio Basic? It’s free to use and has some free fonts. You can always buy a script font. Just remember to weld the letters.

1 Like

Here is a Cuttle file that use Google Fonts to create welden names. Fully editable!

4 Likes

Try great vibes for a font and then thicken it turns out amazing

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.