Fonts

Sure, they got the point across, but like you said, aesthetically it wasn’t the best choice, and essentially this article is about aesthetics. Therefore they should make the best aesthetic choice that they can. Then again, aesthetics are subjective, so who am I to judge?

2 Likes

This x100. I wonder how many people here have had a client want something and you just scratch your head and say, wth?

7 Likes

For what it’s worth, (@cynd11) I downloaded Adobe Spark Post to my phone and just used one of the first images available on my Adobe Lightroom cloud sync (which I don’t really use and was ironically from the PNW).

The app is really pretty intuitive. It’s basically a design wizard that walks you through the process and you can alter a bunch of parameters to find a result. You could probably take the time to separate out text components so you could be really specific with separate components of the design but honestly, I’d rather do that on a desktop… maybe because I’m just used to that.

They have a ton of different document size templates, Facebook ads, Instagram, etc. I’m not sure what resolution I have on this file on Lightroom Cloud but it saved the document at 2560x1700.

11 Likes

Hey, thanks for vetting it for us!

No problem! Honestly, it’s kind of fun. It really is kind of cool to throw something together in literally 60 seconds that doesn’t look half bad. It’s not a replacement for graphic design - but for the lay person, it seems to be a cool tool. It actually saves my “posts” (what they call them) in an editable format so I can go back and make changes.

4 Likes

Signed,
Graphic Designers Everywhere :wink:

17 Likes

It rips me to pieces that I cannot more than ‘like’ this once. This belongs in the comment hall of fame! Heck, I’m going to etch this in stone.

2 Likes

I agree that this one missed it a bit. If it was centered text, like the one @jbmanning5 posted it would work, but being left justified, where just the right side is staggered doesn’t work so well :smile:

1 Like

I think you should name it Comic-rus or PapySans though maybe there should be a whole specturm from Capyrus to Comic Sanus?

4 Likes

Seems somebody beat me to it. :smiley:

16 Likes

Oh no! Poor Comic Papyrus has been involved in a tragic scandal. See the update half way down the page. :cry:

4 Likes

Only $5 for it. Seriously considering it.

2 Likes

twitch

2 Likes

I could be wrong, but I think that was the first step Voldemort took to become the Dark Lord.

Comicyrus Fonticus!

9 Likes

I’m going to etch it in stone, using that font.

You will be the envy of designers everywhere!

2 Likes

Keep using comic sans and papyrus! Use them on everything you design!

(It makes the stuff that the rest of us create stand out that much more :money_mouth:)

3 Likes

Genius!

I’ve decided it is going to be my birthday gift to myself. (Birthday is next week.) Now if @dan wants to surprise us with a May update pushing the shipping up a couple months, that would make it the best birthday ever. :wink:

2 Likes

As promised.

Note: I am working on the design for a slate coaster for this one. I should be able to mount it on a wall, or give to a graphics designer friend. Nothing flashy, but I’m just starting to work on it.

Full acknowledgment to @lairdknox for the quote and the inspiration.

12 Likes