ForgeFest: A Glowforge Convention

I think whether they sign up or not, they get an account created?

I may be wrong there.

1 Like

Chuckle! Public speaking isnā€™t a problem, but I definitely wouldnā€™t be as interesting and easy with it as Dan is. (Iā€™d prefer to listen to him anyway, he knows more about lasers, and I donā€™t know that there is anything I could say that anyone would be interested in.) And I donā€™t do stand-up. :sunglasses:

Iā€™d really prefer to just meet folks and learn a little more about them. (As opposed to boring them to death listening to me drone on. What a let-down that would be.) :smile:

4 Likes

Good!

Well, heā€™d be kind of hard to compete with.

Not at all, there would be no problem giving you a subject so your time would be focused and it would be awesome.

2 Likes

ROFL! With my luck youā€™d pick something really exciting. (Like kerf correction.) :smile:

No, Iā€™d prefer to have actual conversations with people, not lecture. I like getting to know people. :wink:

4 Likes

LOLOLOL! Yup, weā€™ll help you with the subject if this goes down. There is important but not exciting, there is exciting but not important, and there is both, weā€™ll find you both. :wink:
And a simple 10-12 min. would do to say ā€œshe spokeā€.

WHY would you want me to? I absolutely donā€™t know anything that you guys donā€™t already know? :smile:

(Truth be told, your bigger issue would be getting me to the event. I donā€™t fly any more, and most of the time shows happen on the coasts.)

Guess we could teleconference. :thinking:

Well I see glowfest just moved to Texas. :wink:

5 Likes

Dude! Bring it to Texas and weā€™ll have one hell of a party. YeeeHaw! :smile:

5 Likes

Just as long as there is chilli.

4 Likes

Every kind of food here. (Most diverse city in the countryā€¦mainly due to the oilfield influence.)
Of course the heat takes out a lot of visitors. Summer isnā€™t the best time to schedule anything.
Late October/early November if you want to actually survive the experience. :smile:

3 Likes

With @Danā€™s voice, he could pretty much just read the phone book and Iā€™d be happy to listen all day. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

So, youā€™d be up for the panel discussion portions of the conference then, right? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My vote would be April, if itā€™s in Texas. Gorgeous weather but not too hot, and wildflowers everywhere! In October youā€™re more likely to drown in a flash flood. :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah, that I can do.
WTH are you guys trying to sign me up for? Isnā€™t the idea to volunteer yourselves? :smile:

And good pointā€¦April would also workā€¦although we get spring rains here in May that tend to wipe out neighborhoods as well.

3 Likes

We are! We are volunteering to listen to you!!!

5 Likes

Shhhhhheeeeeet! :smile:

Iā€™ll be in Texas in April for another conference, so Iā€™ll practice my swagger. In Texas, apparently, thatā€™s just called walking.

6 Likes

You know that vid just scared me! :smile:

We donā€™t swagger, we stride. Generally because we donā€™t want to be outside in the heat any more than necessary to get where weā€™re going. (And you donā€™t want to get in the way, itā€™s easy to get knocked down, but most are polite enough to help you back up if you get side-swiped.) :wink:

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be LIVING in TX come April, so that gets my vote, too.

Yeah. Weā€™re moving. Again. Across country. Because I said I was never moving again. Thatā€™ll teach me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Woohooo! Welcome back! What part of the great state will you be landing in? :grinning: