Forum lockout?

Discourse is pretty responsive on Twitter. They were great when I was having a whole other permissions problem on here (I couldn’t post a poll due to permissions - still can’t - and I was having trouble completing the advanced tutorial without the poll).

Maybe not discussions, but if I’m trying to contact support and I can’t post anything, I’d actually be pretty pissed. It’s actually very frustrating, especially since it makes no sense. You can’t even reply to your own threads.

2 Likes

We brought the Glowforge for my wife, but when finally seeing the full specs she decided it was not for her. I took it over and started in the forum as her because she was the listed owner. When the allowed users to register I had too many post to change so I just get listed as Pauline. We both do not mind this and it works out great for us.

so do we call you paul? george? ringo? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I go by Bill. To make matters worst my wife and I use different last names, so new people who meet us are even more confused. Then to compound the subject I have a last name that is mostly a first name for most and people are really baffled about what to call me.

1 Like

Do have to admit…that’s a confusing setup.

Our neighbors first names are Drew and Nancy…so danged hard to not make “Nancy Drew” comments to them, which I’m sure they’ve never heard before. :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know about this situation, @Bigjohn. I’ve let the team know you’ve been effected by this restriction and we’re investigating.