Forum Woes

“You’ve reached the maximum number of replies a new user can create on their first day. Please wait 2 hours before trying again.”

I’ve been on here for almost 4 months and I’m still getting all kinds of barriers to what I can post presumably because I’m a user, but not an “Owner.” I will be an owner by the end of the month if all goes well, but I do think that someone should take a look at the forum permissions and ease them up a bit. Also, it’s not my first day.

5 Likes

I figured you would be basic, or trust level one, by now with all the work you have done. And especially if it is saying “first day”. Something isn’t right here.

3 Likes

When Dan posted that there was a bug in discourse where it wasn’t allowing any new ‘regulars’ or whatever it was, could be there’s more going on than we’re aware of.

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know, but I couldn’t reply last night to thank you for your comments. :wink:

1 Like

Perhaps that same bug kicked me out of my “regular” status… actually I’m surprised it didn’t happen sooner but yeah, I’d expect you to be beyond receiving those types of messages.

4 Likes

Thank you for letting us know – that message certainly isn’t saying what it should and I appreciate the feedback about the permission levels. I’ll get it to the team.

I’m excited about you getting a Glowforge, too! Let us know if we can help with anything.

1 Like