Found a screw. Help

Set up my basic GF day before yesterday. I made a set of coasters. Yesterday evening u decided to start another set of coasters and on my 2nd one when I opened it I saw this screw just laying inside on the right side of the crumb tray. Where does it go? :flushed::grimacing:

It may be something left over from the factory by mistake but a good long look with a mirror and a light might find one missing somewhere.
If you run the search at the top here you will see this was asked before.
Hopefully you have a “spare”.

Check the bottom of the crumb tray…there should be 5 of those in there. If you see an open hole, that one might have tried to make a break for it.

did that last night and nothing seemed liked it is missing… thank you.

checked. nothing missing. thank you.

Well fingers crossed it is just an extra screw left inside during the build.

1 Like

Thanks for jumping in to help @Jules and @beerfaced

@Angel_Erika thanks for reaching out, I’m sorry for the surprise screw!

This appears to be a screw that is used to secure the radiator cover on the right hand side of your Glowforge.

Can you try the following:

• Turn off your Glowforge
  • Reach into the right side of your Glowforge and try to wiggle the black radiator cover a little bit.
  • If it’s secure, the screw was most likely an extra screw that may have snuck in before your Glowforge was shipped.
  • If the radiator cover does have a significant amount of movement, please let me know.

Either way, I’ll make a note that you found it in your unit, and I apologize that it arrived out of place.

3 Likes

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.