Founder's ruler

Am I only allowed to print this design once? I have two daughters and they each wanted one, but when I try to open it up, the interface opens with no artwork. I have refreshed and tried several times, but it never seems to change. I have printed it once already, but thought that it was included as one of the “forever” designs.

Thanks,
Ryan

1 Like

I’ve made multiple (including one with fruit rollup)

1 Like

I think I know what the issue is after testing on another design.

I initially loaded the ruler and cut it. I then wanted to add my own artwork and engrave just to play around. I highlighted the ruler and hit backspace and then added my artwork. I couldn’t figure out how to get to a blank template and didn’t realize that everything needed to be uploaded to the home section first and then opened into the interface. So, as a result of removing the ruler from that design, it is now gone forever. I can reopen the design as much as I want but there is no way to get back to the original version. So, I really need to have this design removed and re-added but I don’t see any option for that. It would be nice if the GF provided designs were impossible to save over and any changes made to them were saved as a new design.

I’ll wait and see what support says and if they offer and way to refresh to the original version.

Thanks,
Ryan

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately that’s exactly what happened. If you delete something from a file now, the autosave saves the file without it.

They have a Reset button set up in the Catalog purchase files, but they haven’t set that up yet for the Freebies. (They do know about it and are probably working on it as we speak.) :slightly_smiling_face:

We’ve found that dragging something off the artboard instead of deleting it works to save the part without letting it get in the way of the cutting, so that’s what I’m doing.

1 Like

Yeah, that is where I am too. I hope they add a blank template option to the home screen. I’m sure we will see a lot of improvements to the GFUI in the short term. Thanks for the verification.

1 Like

Ryan…same thing happened to me with a purchased design. I contacted support and they fixed it. Took about 4 days. I think my lesson learned is to “reset” the design before exiting. And yes…it would be nice to be able to save the changes. Perhaps someday.

Oh no! Thanks for letting me know. I’m so sorry that happened.

We’ll get you a new copy of the design. I’ll let you know when it’s been sent over.

Thanks for the feedback as well - I’ve shared it with the rest of the team.

1 Like

Thanks.

Thanks for your patience.

My colleague has resent your Founder’s Ruler to your list of designs. Please note it may not appear at the top of the list.

Happy printing!

2 Likes