Four Different Boxes with Sitting Lids

The zip file was perfect! Thanks.

1 Like

You got it in the .zip - but for the future:

The circles are where you’d need to right click to get each of the boxes. You can see the images when they’re not highlighted, but they are tiny so it’s hard :slight_smile:

3 Likes

These are really sweet!

2 Likes

I know there should have been a picture under each of those titles - buut i swear they weren’t there - then went back and had a closer look. :roll_eyes::smirk:

2 Likes

Hi, how are you? Just loved the way your lid sits on the top of the box. I’m trying to create this box in acrylic but its 2mm instead of 3mm.

I was able to adjust on the website you mentioned but unfortunately not with the same kind of lid =(

1 Like

Just wow! These look so great.

1 Like

The lid is too tight but I’ll figure it out on the next cut :heart:

3 Likes

That’s lovely!

You could recut just the top - or cut a new one and slow down the speed by 5 pts or run a 2nd pass, that’d increase the kerf (the amount the laser cuts away) just a bit but probably enough to loosen the lid :slight_smile:

I did a new cut using the same settings and now the kerfs are loose :frowning: I’ll leave it for now because I need to think about what I’m doing wrong.

If you flip a piece over the kerfs will be looser because the angles of the cuts will now be matching each other instead of mirrored - folks doing inlays will do this on purpose to get finer lines.

same with me. I’m on a Imac if that makes a difference. Thanks so much!

same

You linked to the thread with a .zip file to download, are you able to download that?
If no, on the original post you can right click or Control-click and save as .svg on the tiny images under each of her Box names to get the individual boxes - but it doesn’t work in Edge or IE, you’ll need Chrome, or Safari or something that gives you the “Save .svg” option.

when you flip for an inlay do you mirror the image? Haven’t done one yet but if there’s a “trick” I’ll remember it. :0)

Yes a mirror will do it. Of course, if you’re engraving something on the lid you won’t want to mirror that part so you’d have to do it as 2 steps (since what’s “up” is now the underside of the lid) unless you want it on the underside of clear acrylic :-).

Honestly I have to double check myself multiple times when I do it - the more pieces you have the more complicated it gets!

1 Like

Thanks so much! Got it.

1 Like