Frame question

This might be an Inkscape question, but I am trying to make a frame for my kids’ school photos that I have seen on Esty. But for some reason I cannot get the letters attached to each from slot. Does anyone know how to do this?

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

I believe your challenge is with Inkscape. A photo of what you are trying to create would help us help you. Also, Logos By Nick is a great source for Inkscape tutorials.

7 Likes

I don’t understand what you are saying.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! If I’m reading your question correctly, I think this will get you down the right path:

2 Likes

Yes, that was a very confusing question now that I’m reading it again. In this project, the letters for each grade (1, 2, 3…) are cut out with the frame. When I try to do this in Inkscape, it doesn’t union the letter with the frame. That’s what I’m struggling with.
Web capture_30-8-2023_16296_www.etsy.com

I think you select the number and the frame and select union. Maybe this will help: inkscape how to union - Google Search

3 Likes

This, except in Inkscape you have to turn the number from a piece of text to a shape first!
Click it, then click the Path menu, and then Object to Path - then grabbing it and the frame (as long as they are touching) can Union (also in the Path menu).

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.